Tuesday 8 June 2010

Portraits


I printed another profile portrait in black outline, although some printed in a nice shade of sepia, a happy accident with our aging printer.I was going to repeat the exercise with the children tracing with carbon paper but as the prints resembled beautifully shaded line drawings I didn't want them spoiled. I mounted the prints onto black paper and told the children to add elements of themselves....coloured outlines, favourite things, pets, hobbies... little drawings glued round the portrait and overlapping its edges into the black.Last term we had discussed Chagall and his obsession with imagery from his own childhood, I pointed out that they were experiencing childhood when everything seems more very vivid.They were quite inspired, excited and produced some brilliant images.

No comments:

Post a Comment